Senior Companions (aka companions for the elderly)
Helping Adults Remain Independent, Senior Companions touch the lives of adults who need extra assistance to live independently in their own homes or communities. They serve frail older adults, adults with disabilities, those with terminal illnesses, and offer respite for caregivers. They assist their employers in basic but essential ways:
Offering companionship and friendship to isolated and frail adults, assisting with simple chores, providing transportation, adding richness to their lives. Senior Companions are mature individuals who can help adults with special needs remain independent.
1. Personal Care/Bathing/Shower/Bed Bath/Hair Wash /Shampoo/Toileting/ Incontinence Care/Monitor Elimination/Skin Care/HygieneDressing/ Grooming/ Feeding/Meal Planning and Preparation/Monitor Diet/Nutrition/Medication Reminder/Assistance with Walking/Assistance with ROM Exercises/Assistance with Mobility/Assistance with transfers.
2. Assistance w/ Activities of Daily Living/Companionship/Safety Supervision/ Cooking/Escort to Social Visits/Recreational Activities/Reading/Entertainment and Social Interaction.
3. Light Housekeeping/Laundry/Making Beds/Changing Linen/ Vacuuming/ Dusting/Assistance with pets/House Plants/Garden Watering/Garbage disposal.
4. Fall Prevention/Home Safety/Check Emergency Exit Plan/Check Passageway/ Check proper/sufficient lighting/Check Smoke Detectors/Check Medications/ Check Cooking Area/Check Rugs-Mats/Check Bathrooms/Shower/Tub Area/Check Stairs Steps.
5. Salaries for Companions for Assisted Living average $500 to 750 a week, plus room and board, for live-ins, usually with two days off. Weekend help is also available.
>> HIRE A COMPANION <<
From our Domestic Agency Los Angeles